I created website mockups on Sketch and taught a small class of students how to use the tool.
By walking them through this tutorial, I taught students the following skills:
- Learn the fundamentals of Sketch
- Know the 5 most common shortcuts by heart (Artboard, Text, Vector, Rectangle, Oval)
- Learn how to use Symbols
- Learn how to use Text Styles
- Learn how to use Document Colors
- Achieve pixel-perfection by measuring pixel distance
- Directly selecting elements
- Learn how to quickly add and duplicate dummy content like names and photos using the Craft plugin
- Learn how to design for different breakpoints
- Learn how to use Layout to design in columns
- Make a habit of using naming conventions
- Learn how to use CSS attributes
I created four websites to demonstrate responsive design—desktop HD, desktop, tablet, and mobile. For "extra credit," students can create a mobile app, as well.